OPENID# 17-1772 Location: Edmonton, AB
The role of a Beverage Container Management Board (BCMB) Public Director is to represent the interests of all Albertans at the BCMB Board and to fulfill all of the responsibilities outlined below. Public directors must be residents of Alberta. All new public directors of the BCMB will be appointed for an initial term of up to three years, renewable by and at the sole discretion of the Board for a maximum of two additional three year terms.
BCMB Directors are required to participate in four full day board meetings a year; an annual three day business planning session; to sit as a member on at least one BCMB Board Committee which will typically meet four times per year (either half or full day meetings); to sit as a hearing panel member for the purposes of considering suspension or cancellation of depot operating permits (the number and complexity of hearings varies, but hearings can range from 1 to 5+ days) and may be requested to participate in or attend industry events, tours or sessions.
The Board Director shall:
- become generally knowledgeable about the business of BCMB and its industry;
- in consultation with the Board Chair, attend industry conferences and any other relevant forums;
- participate in director orientation and development programs developed by BCMB from time to time;
- maintain an understanding of the regulatory, legislative, social and political environments within which BCMB operates;
- become acquainted with BCMB’s senior management team; and
- act as an effective ambassador and representative of BCMB.
Click here to read further details about this career opportunity.
Fill out the form to the right to apply for this position. Please attach a cover letter & resume (PDF or Word Document only).